Subscribe with Bloglines Add to My Yahoo! Add to My AOL Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Google

Home

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Windows Genuine Advantage workarounds


Windows Genuine Advantage workarounds: "Filed under: Business, Developer, Windows, Microsoft, Commercial, Freeware
So let's just say, hypothetically, that your copy of Windows XP isn't 'genuine.' If you're tired of seeing the warning that alerts you to this fact, there's now a workaround to disable the WGA notifications. Does it work? Honestly I don't know, because every version of Windows I touch appears to be the real thing. And of course, I'm not here to advocate piracy. But the incessant twiddling of this whole WGA issue is kind of a mess, isn't it? Already pirates have figured out how to disable the check. Now you can disable the warnings, so it's like WGA doesn't even exist. It makes me wonder why MS is putting all versions of Vista on one optical disc, essentially setting up a very low-hanging fruit for potential pirates... But maybe that's the plan?
"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home